Wednesday, June 02, 2010

René Has Two Last Names New Recognition


Congratulations to all the authors who were recognized by the International Latino Book Awards. My bilingual book René Has Two Last Names/René tiene dos apellidos received Honorable Mention in the Best Children's Picture Book (Bilingual) category. ¡Ajúa!

I received the great news at my Facebook page. My friend Yuyi Morales posted the link of 2010 International Latino Book Awards Winner List. My friend Linda Rodriguez also congratulated me for the honorable mention. This was a great birthday present for me.


René Has Two Last Names/ René tiene dos apellidos has received three recognitions this year. Thanks to all the readers and award committees.

  • Honorable Mention: Best Bilingual Children's Book- International Latino Book Awards
  • 2010 Skipping Stones Honor Award
  • 2010-2011 Tejas Star Book Award List

To learn more about René Has Two Last Names visit the book's website at www.renesbooks.com


Also my new books have their own websites. Take a look at The Tooth Fairy Meets El Ratón Pérez and My Shoes And I websites and learn more fun facts and ideas for the classroom and home.




  ***

If you are in Los Angeles Area,  don't miss my author reading
at Tia Chucha's Cafe Cultural

Sunday, June 6th 1-3pm

13197-A Gladstone Ave.
Sylmar, CA 91342
(818) 528.4511
Fax: (818) 367.5600
info@tiachucha.com

The Tooth Fairy Meets El Ratón Pérez
The Tooth Fairy has some competition. Meet El Ratón Pérez, the charming and adventurous mouse who collects children’s teeth in Spain and Latin America. When both the Tooth Fairy and El Ratón Pérez arrive to claim Miguelito’s tooth, sparks fly under the Mexican-American boy’s pillow. Who will rightfully claim his tooth? This magical tale introduces a legendary Latino character to a new audience and provides a fresh take on the familiar childhood experience of losing one’s tooth.


My Shoes and I
A timely and inspiring story. Mario is leaving his home in El Salvador. With his father by his side, he is going north to join his mother, who lives in the United States. She has sent Mario a new pair of shoes. He will need good shoes because the journey north will be long and hard. He and his father will cross the borders of three countries. They will walk for miles, ride buses, climb mountains, and cross a river. Mario has faith in his shoes. He believes they will take him anywhere. On this day, they will take him to the United States, where his family will be reunited.

1 comment:

Linda Rodriguez said...

Rene,

It was a pleasure to see your book honored. All your books are such a gift to children and those who teach/love them (or are still childlike themselves) everywhere. I'm glad to see you getting recognition of that fact.

Abrazos,
Linda