Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Voces


A Message from Adriana Dominguez

VOCES


Dear Friends:

Happy New Year! As some of you may already know, I've launched a bilingual blog to promote Latino authors and books called VOCES (see web address below). The idea started with an invitation to a local Univision news show to recommend Spanish language books as Christmas gifts, and grew from there. (I've posted the video on the blog.)

The following is my first post and "Welcome" message on the site:

Welcome!/¡Bienvenidos!
I've created this blog with one goal in mind: To provide you with a place to read about Latino authors, their books, and news related to the Latino book market (with a special emphasis on the Latino children's market). We write and speak in two languages, often seamlessly switching between the two, hence, this blog will sometimes switch from English to Spanish, depending on the source of the content. Latino authors, publishers, agents, booksellers, journalists, this is your blog too; I encourage you to participate by sending me your news, events, releases, anything you'd like to let others know about. The name of this blog does not only refer to Latino authors, but to our collective effort in using our "voices" to promote the work of Latino authors and books. This is a work in progress, and I look forward to your feedback to help me make this the place where Latino authors and books are the #1 priority. I hope that you will join me on this wonderful new journey. Saludos!

"Caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar..."—Antonio Machado


Although the blog is still a little "green," the initial response has been wonderful, in both languages! Univision viewers wrote me to thank me for guiding them through the sometimes complex process of finding and learning about Spanish language books in the U.S., and for promoting reading on television, something not often done. Colleagues have offered to help in any way they can, and a few have already linked up to to the blog from their websites. I have a couple of author interviews lined up as well, and plans to develop a series to guide aspiring Latino authors through the process of getting published, and beyond. And I am of course open to any ideas that you may have!

Saludos,
Adriana

http://adrianadominguez.blogspot.com


This is a great way to call Lotería

Yesterday, I was checking Lotería's videos on You Tube and I found this hilarious video. I had heard many ways to call Lotería and the guy on the video is the king! If you have a loteria's card grab it. Find some frijoles and play the game. Be ready to laugh!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Purchase Nuevo Plan de Aztlan at http://www.blazingstar.org